March 18, 2009

Flowers

The flower bed right in front of the house is flowering (see Lorissa's blog), so I decided to take some pictures. I was wondering around taking random pictures with the flowers and went into the den saw the flashlight and boom!! a light bulb went on in my head.

These particular pictures I took and Lorissa edited and cropped(thank you, Lori!!).
At first, I just had the flashlight shining straight at them, but I found that it made the flower extremly white and out of focus. So I put a sock(yes, a sock, it was clean:) in front of it and found that it gave a much softer light. Then I taped the flower to the sock and snapped a picture!

You may have noticed that there is a little logo at the bottem of my posts. This is the Picasa logo, and, if you have Picasa, you know it has a little button that says 'Blog This' . I decided to try it and found that it goes a lot faster than regular posting!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ri said...

These are amazing pictures! This is something I would hang on my wall - I love closeups of flowers. Well done!